Thought Bottle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General information

4 posters

Go down

General information Empty General information

Post by Reverend Red Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:53 pm

Hello. This is the first post in the forum, explaining a little bit about what we're doing. So, this is a Play-by-post game for Dungeons and Dragons 3.5. edition with the Tomes added. I've been wanting to play for a while, but because I never manage to find a game I could even remotely give a shit about, I suppose I'll be the DM again. The game is in the hated format because the players are never available around the same time.

A series of massively unimportant events made me combine music stereotypes and fantasy races and therefore, as is typical of me, a new RPG setting. First off, we'll have the technical details, rules and characters, with links to character sheets.

Rules and such:
D&D 3.5 + Frank and K's Tomes.
-Books allowed: Mostly any official, though some stuff will be banned outright, which should be obvious. Don't try to fuck with the game and your character won't have to endure being spontaneously nerfed. Web Enhancements are largely OK. The Tomes are in.
-Characters are either ECL 6 or CR 6 if clearly monstrous. A lot of stuff can come in with changes, such as LA, HD or ability removals so pick what you'd like and we'll work it out.
-You can pick stats that are good for your character, or roll. We started the chargen process with a rolled 58 point buy, so it's really all the same to me.
-Experience is given at a 50% bonus, because it's a little slow to gain levels in PbP
-HP is three quarters.
-Feats: Leadership is OK, but you may only choose a cohort and that cohort must be clearly monstrous. I'll make feats that ”make sense” to suit characters, example being a Divine counterpart for the Precocious Apprentice feat. Ask and thou might receive.
-Starting wealth is standard for ECL 6.
-Playable races are Human, Elf, Dwarf, Orc, Sahuagin, Necropolitan, Warforged (with different fluff) and Half-Giant and a series of subraces for them. Monsters are approved individually.
-Spells like Divination and Contact Other Plane do not exist. Planar travel proper (Summon spells work fine) is not done as usual and teleportation abilities have a different fluff. Your access to other planes is not currently relevant.
-There are no Alignments. Not in entry requirements, not in spell descriptors and not in lame-ass BoED morality.

Gentlemen at play.
-Don'y try to fuck each other or me over . If you don't like the game, don't play.
-Post at least once a day.
-Try to to keep the OOC chatter in a non-IC thread.
-The game contains profanity and other adult shit.

Characters:
[Smapo]:
[Sol]:
[Tshern]:
[Jol]:

This is also the OOC thread, which means, ask questions here. The game is maybe recruiting, so you can drag interested parties to play, if they're decent people.
Reverend Red
Reverend Red
Admin

Number of posts : 181
Class : Something of a wizard
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

General information Empty Re: General information

Post by Reverend Red Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:12 am

Also, your characters are advanced PCs. Please toss in one adventure, where they gained some of their levels and wealth. You can make up shit quite freely. Something along these lines:

"Jormdun travelled with a group of fanatical death cultists for a while, trying to find a gem that was keeping a witch from aging and to destroy it. They traveled through the Dread Forest and fought the witch's Age Wraiths, of whom one turned out to be Jormdun's grandfather, sentenced to eternal life. They found and killed the witch, but Jormdun trapped the death cultists in the witch's vault and traveled back to Tizmaen, his home city, turning the gem in to the Pedastal of Air, letting the clergy know he had destroyed the death cult's spearhead and his father that the spirit of their elder had been put to rest."

From that I could pull out a positive relation to the Pedastal of Air, the death cult surviving, the Gem of Life being a key to a larger plot or making the witch's soul torment the party later on. This is done for the plot hooks.
Reverend Red
Reverend Red
Admin

Number of posts : 181
Class : Something of a wizard

Back to top Go down

General information Empty Herp the magical Derp

Post by Solnath Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:43 pm

Hekaeios the Bothersome
Rolls: 16, 14, 16, 13+1, 12, 15+1
Small Aberration (Air)

Str: 16-10 6 -2
Dex: 16+18+2 36 +13
Con: 12+0 12 +1
Int: 16+4 20 +5
Wis: 14+6 20 +5
Cha: 14+2 16 +3(+2)

HP: 65 (9d8+9)
Speed: fly 50ft. (perf.)
Init: +19
AC: 42=10+10+13+7+1+1 (touch: 34)
BAB: +6/+1
Saves: +5/+17/+12
Attack: Shock +20/+15 melee touch 3d8+1 elec.

Qualities:
Darkvision 60ft.
Immunity to magic
Natural Invisibility
-Size changes to tiny
--+1 AC, att., +4 hide
Immunity to thought/lie/alignment detection
Endure elements
Sustenance
Uncanny dodge
See invisible/ethereal

Feats:
1. Sacred Vow
F. Vow of Poverty
F. Imp. Init.
3. Danger Sense [Combat]
-+3 init.; active search; take 10 search
6. Ghost Hunter [Combat]
-50% vs. incorp.; hear incorp./eth.; see invis./eth.
9. Imp. Nat. Attack
E1. Nymph's Kiss
E2. Nimbus of Light
E3. Holy Radiance
B. Weapon Finesse [Combat]
-dex to att.; dex Edge; Dex for trip
2 x exalted = -1 flaw

Flaws:
Shaky -- -2 ranged

Skills: 8
Bluff 12+3
Diplomacy 12+3+2 (+4 vs. good)
Hide 12+13+4
Listen 12+5
Move silently 12+13
Search 12+5
Sense motive 12+5 (+2 vs. good)
Spot 12+5

Languages:
Common, Wisp, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Sylvan

No backstory as of yet. Will get to it when I've buried Kant and Kripke in their respective piles of shit (essays).

Last edited by Solnath on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:59 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : General fuckery)
Solnath
Solnath

Number of posts : 90
Class : Supreme
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sampo Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:29 pm

Dagny Högholm aka "Shabu Acacia"

Half Giant/Human
Cloistered cleric of Imorgin 2/Shaper 1/Psychic Theurge 3

Str 14 12+4-2
Dex 14 16-2
Con 16 12+2+2
Int 18 17+1
Wis 17 17
Cha 17 17

HP: 40

AC: ?

Fort: 4+3
Ref: 1+2
Will: 8+3

Feats:
Precocious Apprentice *2 (for cleric and psion)
(planning) Extend Spell
Divine Metamagic
Persistent Spell
(psion 1st) Link Power
(human) Able Learner
Leadership

Flaws:
Shaky (-2 melee atk)
Pathetic (-2 Str)

Skills:
Concentration 9+2
Diplomacy 9+3+2
Bluff 9+3
Spellcraft 9+4
UPD 9+3
Disguise 9+3
Knowledge (religion) 5+4
Craft (drugs) 9+4
Knowledge (nobility royalty) 5+4
Knowledge (da streets) 5+4

Turn Undead Attempts/day: 8

PP/day: 25

Powers Known:
1st:
Vigor
Entangling Ectoplasm
Astral Construct
Minor Creation
Inertial Armor
2nd:
Repair Damage
Share Pain
Egowhip
Detect Hostile Intent

Domains: Pleasure, Planning, Knowledge
Spells/day:
0: 5
1st: 4+1
2nd: 3+1
3rd: 2+1

Wealth: 13K
Reliquary Holy Symbol 1k
Gloves of Object Reading 3k
1 ounce of Sovereign Glue 2,4k
Amulet of Health +2 4k

This is a draft of my work in progress. Pretty vanilla, has problems pullin her own weight. Suggestions welcome.

Last edited by Sampo on Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed some of my useless scribblings.)

Sampo

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Tshern Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:39 pm

You don't qualify for the flaw Pathetic, because the sum of your ability score modifiers is higher than eight.

By making her middle-aged and switching the +1 from level 4 to Constitution you would keep pretty much the same stats, but you would get more power points and another turn undead attempt.

Why Divine metamagic? You can only persist a single spell with it, so it seems like a waste.

It is a Cleric, it pulls its own weight by definition.
Tshern
Tshern
Admin

Number of posts : 201
Class : Druid of the Coast

Back to top Go down

Post by Tshern Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:13 pm

Some more thoughts about your character Sampo.

-Why Detect hostile intent? Too short term to be kept active all the time at a reasonable cost and not too good a power in the first place. For starters, the radius is tiny and it has the [Mind-affecting] descriptor.
-Repair damage is not worth it. No point taking just because it is a Shaper power.
-I would recommend finding a way to get Synchronicity. It is outright amazing with Linked power. Maybe with Expanded knowledge later on?
-Concealing amorpha is excellent. Makes you immune to Sneak attacks for starters and does it better than Detect hostile intent. Combine with Linked power for truly great results.
-Make sure to switch the granted power of Knowledge domain for Knowledge devotion. It doesn't matter whether or not you fight, you get the benefits for spells and powers too and you wouldn't even lose any class skills due to Able learner.
-Any specific reason to pick Pleasure domain? Divine magician alternative class feature from Complete Champions would let you learn some useful spells.

What kind of a cohort are you getting?

Last edited by Tshern on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addded some stuff about Leadership)
Tshern
Tshern
Admin

Number of posts : 201
Class : Druid of the Coast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down