Thought Bottle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Space Horror

2 posters

Go down

Space Horror Empty Space Horror

Post by Reverend Red Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:00 pm

Interested in authentic space horror? Main ingredients: Doom games, Event Horizon and Alien and a hint of Mutant Chronicles.

DM'd by me or Jol.
Reverend Red
Reverend Red
Admin

Number of posts : 181
Class : Something of a wizard
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Space Horror Empty Re: Space Horror

Post by Jolkuna Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:05 pm

Mankind had made its first voyages to space. Hyper drive had been discovered and all the reaches of space were withing the grasp of man. But the desire of man had no boundaries.

The spacelaboratory ħ was founded to study the structure of spacetime. To measure the stucture of the Universe itself there needed to be a way to find details the size of a Plank length, the smallest measurment in the universe. Quantum gravitational theories proved to be correct and the foamy structure of spacetime was mapped. But there was still more to be found. To go deeper, mankind needed to go through spacetime, Breach the Creation. To do this the spaceslaboratory Unruh was founded, named after the Unruh Effect. Hawking radiation was to be the key to Breach the Creation and thus Unruh was located near a primordial black hole.

It took 15 years for the experiment to start, but the results were fast. What they found was a message in strange symbols.

RADAFA NEONITRA VERISE APEHEM
ETURE AHNUSE MOSS PROACTA
ETURE MONDE MELEBAR

The message was found out to be something resembling Ancient Sumerian:

"You who enter into the Darkness not knowing the Power of its forces.
You think you can Light up the Darkness with Burnt Ashes?
Fools of Faith! Cut off your desires and run from the Damnations of Hell!
For Disturbers will suffer for all Eternity in the Fiery Pits of Damnation."
Jolkuna
Jolkuna
Admin

Number of posts : 63
Class : Rouge
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverend Red Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:28 pm

From the journal of Arizona Reeves, US Military Hospital Corpsman First Class and a Ph.D. astrophysician.

It hasn't been long, hell, it's only been a moment since the time we puny creatures lost in time, space and meaning were stranded on our pitiful planet in our pitiful solar system. I remember the missions taken, watching the feeds on television and listening to the progress in my dad's SUV's radio. We've come a long way since then. I'm still amazed that I could be stationed here [at Unruh-1 Station] as a medical assistant. I have a whole new pride in my people - not the people of the United States of America, but us, humans. But the emptiness around us, something much more profound than that found on near-Earth trips, is looking back at us. The distances are immeasurable. Seperating me and my family back home in Los Angeles is darkness well beyond anything I've imagined. I feel a gloomy dread hanging about this enterprise.

I remember how in Sunday School, Father Teller asked me to describe Hell. I said that it's eternal darkness with eternal fire, anguish and unknown horrors, where only otherworldly demons and other sinners' pain would keep me company. "Where is Hell?" he asked me, and I would reply that below Earth. Staring out of the window of this gargantuan, faraway space station, I realize, that when standing on a revolving ball and pointing downwards, I'm always pointing to all directions away from myself. Everywhere around our miniscule planet, which knows nothing about the infinite void its floating in. With only the fires of stars and space radiation and us sinners to keep each other company. Now, with the fright of a little Sunday School student, I try to be brave, even in the face of the infinity that seeks to engulf us.
Reverend Red
Reverend Red
Admin

Number of posts : 181
Class : Something of a wizard
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: