Thought Bottle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NCS Zera (Epic High Fantasy, D&D 3.5)

3 posters

Go down

NCS Zera (Epic High Fantasy, D&D 3.5) Empty NCS Zera (Epic High Fantasy, D&D 3.5)

Post by Solnath Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:37 pm

So, as I've told some of you, the game's gestalt, starting from level one and all characters should have an LA from +5 to +7. Starting equipment will be found at spawn, character background-wise go nuts up until ten years ago. No alignment, race or class restrictions, yet.

Setting's fantasy, epicly high such, though I've no idea what that's supposed to be. PCs start in pitch black coffin-like boxes (even if they normally would radiate light), dazed and confused (intro sequence!) and we'll see what happens if and when they get out.

-Some magiemulative technology will be available. You'll see.

Apart from that, not much else comes to mind right now. Shoot.

List of banned stuff:

• Kobolds

Last edited by Solnath on Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Solnath
Solnath

Number of posts : 90
Class : Supreme
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

NCS Zera (Epic High Fantasy, D&D 3.5) Empty Re: NCS Zera (Epic High Fantasy, D&D 3.5)

Post by Tshern Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:57 pm

And the starting level is? I believe you said one, but then we need to find a way to factor in that level adjustment properly, because hardly any templates have Savage Species progressions and if one has a race that has positive level adjustment and then the player stacks on a template or few (Sigh, this will require plenty of time to check the compatibility of different templates), we enter one of the gray areas of D&D, because there are, as far as I know, no rules about working with level adjustment like this.

So you should probably think how you will incorporate the abilities of different races and templates as well as in what order players get those benefits/drawbacks.
Tshern
Tshern
Admin

Number of posts : 201
Class : Druid of the Coast
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

NCS Zera (Epic High Fantasy, D&D 3.5) Empty Re: NCS Zera (Epic High Fantasy, D&D 3.5)

Post by Reverend Red Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:15 pm

I see a future for a group of crooks some of you have heard about...
Reverend Red
Reverend Red
Admin

Number of posts : 181
Class : Something of a wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tshern Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:17 pm

Would it be too early to say these three posts mean we are actually going to use this forum in the future, perhaps even put it up and running again?
Tshern
Tshern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverend Red Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:41 pm

Well, yes, that has been my idea for a while. However, there have been preventing factors. Such as drinking. And occasionally laziness. And then drinking and laziness.
Reverend Red
Reverend Red
Admin

Number of posts : 181
Class : Something of a wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tshern Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:28 am

You got back to your NWN ways, so use that to get more people here. Just make a specific board for online games or find something else to make a visit worth their while.
Tshern
Tshern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Solnath Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:09 am

Tshern wrote:And the starting level is? I believe you said one, but then we need to find a way to factor in that level adjustment properly, because hardly any templates have Savage Species progressions and if one has a race that has positive level adjustment and then the player stacks on a template or few (Sigh, this will require plenty of time to check the compatibility of different templates), we enter one of the gray areas of D&D, because there are, as far as I know, no rules about working with level adjustment like this.

So you should probably think how you will incorporate the abilities of different races and templates as well as in what order players get those benefits/drawbacks.

Ten points for observation! I did say one.

How this will work is that you tell me what your character's going to be and I'll tell you what the progression will be. Or not, if I want to keep things "exciting" and "fun." In short, I'll-a be-a pulling-a it outta my ass-a.

Also, whenever a character levels up (something that can happen at any time except during combat (you ding when you're safe)) they just stop for a round as they remember more about their past. Thus, when crafting your character's background (up until ten years ago and no, you can't roll a skill check for that even though I used the verb "to craft"), make sure they're about level one in pwrlvl. As characters progress in levels, hilarity ensues and you get closer to the Truth.

Whatever that is.

Tshern wrote:You got back to your NWN ways, so use that to get more people here. Just make a specific board for online games or find something else to make a visit worth their while.

Make a board for tits, that'll get the chicks here.
Solnath
Solnath

Number of posts : 90
Class : Supreme
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down