Thought Bottle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A potential D&D 3.5 PbP at works

+2
Reverend Red
Tshern
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

A potential D&D 3.5 PbP at works - Page 2 Empty Re: A potential D&D 3.5 PbP at works

Post by Tshern Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:31 pm

Also, if my first post didn't make it clear, I'll spell it out for you: Gentlemen's agreement is in effect.
Tshern
Tshern
Admin

Number of posts : 201
Class : Druid of the Coast
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

A potential D&D 3.5 PbP at works - Page 2 Empty Re: A potential D&D 3.5 PbP at works

Post by Reverend Red Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:17 pm

Syyttävät sormet kääntyvätkin nyt imaamiin.
Reverend Red
Reverend Red
Admin

Number of posts : 181
Class : Something of a wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolkuna Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:51 pm

Sinister, are you able to buff a bit because my character is currently quite vulnerable and requires some magical help.

Also, my character is currently taking donations if anyone has spare money.
Jolkuna
Jolkuna
Admin

Number of posts : 63
Class : Rouge
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by trollblood2008 Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:54 pm

Would taking armored mage be allowed(from pg 32 of Complete Mage)? I am thinking of doing a fighter/sorc. I am not sure of race yet.
trollblood2008
trollblood2008

Number of posts : 38
Class : Wishing I could Have psionic powers
Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverend Red Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:14 am

Fighter/sorc? Why on *earth?* Are you thinking of making an arcane melee character? If so, how about making some kind of an abjurant champion gish?
Reverend Red
Reverend Red
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trollblood2008 Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:45 am

Reverend Red wrote:Fighter/sorc? Why on *earth?* Are you thinking of making an arcane melee character? If so, how about making some kind of an abjurant champion gish?

Actually gonna do an arcane archer!

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=155402
trollblood2008
trollblood2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolkuna Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:28 am

What can I say? Not enough money, not enough feats. Looks like a druud is the best option to go.
Jolkuna
Jolkuna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverend Red Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:08 pm

Made something of a skeleton. I'm not finished with the spell list, but don't feel like working it further today. Additionally, I'm not satisfied with my feat choices. But anyway, there it is.
Reverend Red
Reverend Red
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolkuna Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:19 pm

To sinister and trollblood, we've been planning on a western theme for our characters (Me, Red and Sol) with me being Man With No Name/ Blueberry type character, Reddie being either mexican or native american style and Sol probably being a preacher of some sort. So if you think you can fit into this theme (of course you don't have to) it'd be pretty cool to be a band of outlaws or something (though we'd be good outlaws as most of us are good characters).
Jolkuna
Jolkuna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverend Red Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:30 pm

Actually forgot to post it.

Here. Gorki (Name pending)
Reverend Red
Reverend Red
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tshern Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:04 am

The gender is venerable? Also, why the last level of Spellwarp Sniper rather than one more of Incantatrix?

I haven't figured out my timetable yet, so I still have no set date for the PbP, but once I can get a hold of someone who really can explain how our economics lessons will work (might happen tomorrow), I can give more specific dates.
Tshern
Tshern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tshern Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:11 am

A few more thoughts on Gorki:
-Mathematically, Empower spell is better than Maximize spell with small dice, including the d6.
-What spell did you set your Draconic reservoir to? If Charm person, enter Mindbender at level 15.
-Which spell school did you ban?
-Your quarterstaff would cost 300 gp more, remember the masterwork cost.
-No Rapid metamagic?
Tshern
Tshern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverend Red Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:25 am

I'll switch to Empower, probably, but that doesn't change the fact, that I'm one feat short - as is, I might consider retraining Empower for Rapid metamagic. Chain Spell would be also something that could be substituted, but the problem is, Chain Spell and Split Ray are both highly necessary esp. when combined with arcane thesis. If I could grab one more flaw, I'd take all three.

As for spell school, I'm still a little iffy on that, but with all of the spell schools being useful to me, I think the best one, after all, is enchantment.

I chose Sniper over Incantatrix simply 'cause the third level Incantatrix ability is, skill-wise, a lot to handle at the time and Ray Mastery is fucking cool. Without it, I can't sneak/sudden strike further than 30' away and that, to me, is reason enough.

My draconic reservoir is still blank. I'm considering that mindbender switch-over.

And I haven't worked out much of the spell list.
Reverend Red
Reverend Red
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tshern Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:35 pm

Everyone would take all the flaws they are given. Anyway, I'd rather take Empower than Chain.

Where is all that initiative coming from? Eager and Warning give a total of +7. Still +2 I can't find.

Haven't yet counted your wealth or hitpoints again, but have you reduced the penalties of Rite and Greater Rite from them?

Doesn't Master spellthief stack with other casting classes for the purposes of the highest spell level you can steal?

You, by the way, don't have too much SA dice in the first place. Also, by dropping your charisma score by two, I could integrate the +4 bonus to the relic item of yours, freeing 36k. You could get all the nice, long duration spells like Contingency, Overland flight and Anticipate teleport to a runestaff with that money.

Why both Mirror images? There are better second level spells to pick.

And you could just take the Mindbender level at 15. It'd give you Mindsight at the same time.
Tshern
Tshern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverend Red Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:38 pm

I'd take Chain over Split Ray. Either way, it's a tough choice overall. I'll probably think this through today or tomorrow.

The +2 is from me not accounting for the sheet generator to calculate the dex on its own.

For Rites, yes I have. 1100gp and -4HP for both Rites.

Yes, the the Master Spellthief feat does stack with my other levels, so my Spell-stealing level is currently 12 - meaning I can steal spells of up to 6th level.

I'll drop my CHA if I get almost the same bonus and then some from that item of yours, no problem with that. I, however, don't think I'll be using a runestaff. I always found them to be dubious.

As I said, I haven't worked out my spell list. I just planted in some spells and then go about going through books and replacing them as I come about better ones. Its a patchwork, but a system that's possible for me with the attention span most here remember.
Reverend Red
Reverend Red
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tshern Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:41 pm

They are specially designed for Sorcerers. It's awesome to pass around a few buffs. Also, if you drop enchantment (with your spell selection Abjuration would be more appropriate, but Incantatrix doesn't like that), you would free a few spells known. So many great things to have.

And about the item(s): They will scale per level similarly to Weapons of Legacy without all the pesky downsides. I could try to sketch a skeleton for it now. Assuming we'll see online.
Tshern
Tshern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trollblood2008 Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:48 am

What other archery centered Feats should I take, i already have all of the PHB ones....

Also, when I vow with the Oathbow, does it still function as a +2 weapon if I fire it at any other target other than one I vowed to kill?

For that matter, what is the meaning of life?

I am in a really questioning mood today!
trollblood2008
trollblood2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverend Red Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:13 am

Seems that we'll be quite focused on ranged combat. Wonder if we could get someone to do some heavy-ass tanking for us. Smapo?
Reverend Red
Reverend Red
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolkuna Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:41 am

Sol probably
Jolkuna
Jolkuna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tshern Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:01 pm

I can make you a level 38 Crusader to do the tanking.
Tshern
Tshern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tshern Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:13 pm

trollblood: Where is the oathbow from? And you have all the PHB ones? That could be really bad.

And please, when you mention something, please cite the book.
Tshern
Tshern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolkuna Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:55 pm

Srd has oathbow (DMG)
Jolkuna
Jolkuna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tshern Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:06 pm

The passage clearly says it functions as a masterwork weapon against all other targets. So no, it would function as a masterwork weapon, not magical.
Tshern
Tshern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trollblood2008 Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:11 am

Tshern wrote:trollblood: Where is the oathbow from? And you have all the PHB ones? That could be really bad.

And please, when you mention something, please cite the book.

I have every thing from precise shot-manyshot and everything inbetween. What other kinds of feats would fit this uber archer? I have taken plenty of feats to assist in his archery, what about his spellcasting? I am open to ideas for additional advancement....i am pretty happy with where he is at right now.
trollblood2008
trollblood2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolkuna Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:35 am

Here is my character currently, he is also an archer (well crossbow man). There are some problems with feats, money (gimme more) and skills currently but otherwise he should be fine.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=155564

Oh and he is missing warblade goodies and some pw stuff.
Jolkuna
Jolkuna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum